Power & Electrical Systems
A - Yes, you will need a power source of 12 to 24 VDC
Light Color, Control & Dimming Function (TTP)
A - Lumitec carefully selects LED's with tightly controlled color outputs to ensure color consistency from product to product, and even from product family to product family. The human eye can detect about 10 million different colors. This means that even minor variations in output hue across a group of lights can be detected, and may be unappealing in some situations. Lumitec carefully selects "Bins" of LED's (batches of LED's that have been grouped together by the manufacturer because they have extremely similar output) so that output hue is consistent from light to light and product family to product family. In many instances Lumitec's LED suppliers such as Cree and Phillips Lumileds will design and maintain Bins exclusively to Lumitec's exacting specifications.
In 2012 Lumitec introduced "ColorMatch": a way to ensure that all of the lights for a given application have the same output hue. The ColorMatch system ensures that output hues (e.g. warm white, neutral white, blue, red, etc.) are consistent between individual lights within a family, and between different product families.
Lumitec Lights with dimming functionality ramp up in intensity over a period of about 4 seconds when initially turned on. A brief "Off/On" toggle of the switch during the ramp phase will interrupt the ramp and hold the light at that intensity
A - Dual Colored Lights:
- Mode 1: Cross-Fade - randomly cycles between blue and white
- Mode 2: 6 white emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 3: 6 blue emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 4: All 12 emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 5: Strobe - random strobe pattern using blue and white separately
Single Colored Lights:
- Mode 1: All 12 emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 2: Cross-Fade - dims and intensifies the light level intermittently
- Mode 3: Strobe - random strobe pattern
A - Dual Colored Lights:
- Mode 1: 4 white emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 2: 4 blue emitters illuminated at full power
- Mode 3: All 8 emitters illuminated at full power
A - Yes. All of our SeaBlaze lights incorporate a thermal foldback protection mechanism which will ensure the sophisticated internal circuitry does not overheat. Note however that the lights are designed for underwater operation. In some instances the thermal foldback circuitry may reduce the power (heat) of the device, therby reducing the light output. The light will return to full intensity once it is again operated underwater
A - A high quality sealant designed for below waterline applications is recommended. 3M 4200 is one such sealant.
A - While painting your underwater lights is not necessary, there are a few guidelines to follow if you choose to do so:
- Ensure that your existing bottom paint is compatible with the light's housing (aluminum for SeaBlaze2, SeaBlaze3, SeaBlaze Mini and bronze for SeaBlazeX);
- If the existing paint is NOT compatible, take measures to isolate the bottom paint from the light to prevent electrolysis and corrosion. Non-compatible paints should not be applied within 1" of the light housing.
- Do NOT sand the housing prior to applying paint. Sanding will strip the protective finish from the surface and increase the likelihood of corrosion.
Installation & Maintenance
Warranty & Product Replacement
A - Yes, your lights may be sent to Lumitec for a free assessment. We will provide you with a quote for repair. Shipping and repair costs are the sole responsibility of the customer. All requests for service or repair should be submitted through our online service request form, found here.
For more in-dept information on troubleshooting and installation of Lumitec products review the additional sections in our Support Center located on our home page.